Re: [Kde-accessibility] Common AT config panel

An interesting idea.  Just a couple of quick thoughts.

Once KTTS migrates to using Speech Dispatcher as its backend, I envision a
single GUI for configuring it and Speech Dispatcher, since they will be
closely related.  I'm thinking therefore, that instead of two icons "KTTS"
and "Speech Dispatcher", there should be a single icon "TTS".  OTOH, what if
the system has multiple TTS interfaces, say GNOME Speech and KTTS/Speech
Dispatcher, or SpeakUP and Speech Dispatcher?

I assume this web interface will itself be fully accessible.

Are you envisioning that when user clicks one these icons, they go to another
web page?  Are all the config GUIs XHTML?  If yes, what web languages are we
assuming?  XHTML + JavaScript?  If yes, there are some security issues with
having a web page write to a local disk configuration file.  ATM, Konqueror
for instance will not permit that.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer