Re: gnopernicus and orca

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
I have been trying to get Gnopernicus working with Ubuntu.
Would it be better for me to switch to Orca if I am having trouble getting Gnopernicus to automatically start? I am considering whether I would be best waiting until Dappa comes out, do a clean install of Linux and install Orca.
Hi Michael,

The Ubuntu Dapper beta release is just out which is already very stable. Both gnopernicus and orca seem to work reasonably well there (gnopernicus is pre-installed, while orca will require the command: 'sudo apt-get install gnome-orca)

If you install Dapper now there will be a steady stream of updates until the final release is out in about 6 weeks, but these will be mainly cosmetic. I've used it for months and would say it is ready for home use while enterprise might want to wait with doing larger deployments.

- Henrik