Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

Sounds great Bill. Lets just say AIX doens't like to move quickly in terms of "updating" its packages. AIX doesn't even support X -version :) but its based on X11R6.4 (yeah I know)

DAMAGE is not running, is it supported on this version?

This is latest AIX for records sake is 5.3D, still running X11R6.4. We'll see what the future holds :)

Thanks Bill

Jason

Hi Jason:

Yes, Toggle Keys might have prevented that :-)

I'm glad to hear fullscreen magnification is working for you at last. I can think of a couple of other things that might help a lot. The crosswire bug was a gnome-mag bug (my bug, as it happens) which I fixed a few weeks back. You've reminded me also that an important fix for large magnification factors was put back into cvs but not released yet (I'll try to do that on Monday). So a more recent gnome-mag should have many fewer glitchy problems.

For performance, you'll need a pretty recent xserver. Do you know if you're running the XOrg server on AIX? My version is X11R6.8.2,
"X -version" says "6.8.2."
Also, if you have the 'DAMAGE' X extension performance is a lot better: check by typing
xdpyinfo | grep DAMAGE

It's still not exactly ZoomText yet, but it's finally getting usable I think.

Best regards,

Bill

Jason Grieves wrote:

Well done Bill. Looks like you need to activate Toggle Keys via AccessX :).

Thank you all for the help.  Full screen magnification on AIX finally came
yesterday. Its an old box and its slow, but she works without any glitches
now.  Taking the cross hairs off helped tremendously.

Jason Grieves