Re: full screen + 1/4 magnification

> the -m switch helped somewhat but things are still really buggy compared to
> linux.  scrolling almost anywhere past the middle of the screen results in
> heavy distortion and the cursor will not go past the center of the screen.
> It does follow it on the right side, very well actually.

I've run the magnifier on AIX once, but I think I had a newly build
Xserver installed.

xdpyinfo | grep -i damage

Look at the following to quickly build the latest development Xserver.
You will also need to rebuild the magnifier with this code base to take
advantage of xdamages and xfixes.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/XserverBuildScript

Also, look at the "magnification" script in the following paper:

http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yweb/presentations/kraft-20050126-mag.html

It runs the gnome magnifier as follows:

magnifier -t $DISPLAY -s $VIRTUAL -f -m --smooth-scrolling -z $Z

George (gk4)