Re: Speech Dispatcher

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:53:39PM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Because Speech Dispatcher uses GPL and not LGPL, it is limited in terms
> of what drivers it can support due to license incompatibility issues.  I
> believe we have a speech dispatcher driver contributed for gnome-speech
> that is in the queue for integration as time permits.
That's a very good thing, for sure !
But what could we (I ) do to make it integrated earlier ? Should we contact Freebsoftware to let them know what we want (migrating GPL to LGPL license) ?
And , if we cannot afind an aggreement, could we make the driver part of the Gnome-Speech, as a `contrib` driver ? For instance, gnome-speech already includes drivers for proprietary software...

> Bill

 Yannick