Re: gnopernicus speech

Hi Oliver,

I am new to this list, so I'm sorry if my question has already been
posted a few days ago.
I've just installed gnopernicus 0.11.6 on my computer : ubuntu with
gnome 2.12. I don't understand why FREETTS is the only driver proposed
in the speech drivers. I would prefer to use festival because it is
already installed.

Can anyone help me ?

This sounds like an Ubuntu build/configuration issue. Have you asked any of the Ubuntu folks or lists? Mind you, it could be a problem with the default Gnopernicus makefiles. The BAUM folks are off-line for the moment (e-mail server problems), but I spoke with them earlier today, and they are looking into a related problem with the GNOME 2.12 Live CD which is based on Ubuntu.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team