Re: Cody's questions and Alexandra's reply

Hi Alexandra and Cody:

Ada, I think there could be some confusing aspects to your answer, or perhaps you misunderstood Cody... you said:

2. What is teh command to make gnopernicus work with gaim messenger?
A: There isn't a special command for your problem. Installing a new version
of Gnopernicus and/or Gaim could solve your problem.
This isn't enough to make gaim work with gnopernicus, and probably isn't necessary. Gaim will only work with gnopernicus if the "GTK_MODULES" environment variable is set before it is launched. Some versions of Gnome (like Sun's) have a patched "gnome-session" which does this automatically, but most do not. On most systems, the user must enter the following command from a gnome-terminal, or else put it in their .login file (in their home directory), and restart.

export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

This will work for most users, using "sh", "ksh", or "bash" as their 'shell'. If you don't know your shell, don't worry, just try it and it will probably work. If you use the "enter in a gnome-terminal" approach, then if you run Gaim from that same gnome-terminal, it should be accessible.
This probably also answers Cody's question number 3 (below).

Hope that helps,

Bill

3. If any programs require gnopernicus work by typing a command before launching the program, what is it?
A: Gnopernicus starts to work when you launch it. The solution is to start
Gnopernicus before you start the other program.

4. If anybody has gnopernicus, the latest version, I would like it, and all its dependancies along with it. I believe the latest is 1.12.0 or something.
A: Source is currently available via anonymous CVS or from gnome's ftp.
To download Gnopernicus tarball please see:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gnopernicus/

For more information about Gnopernicus please visit:
http://www.baum.ro/site-new/eng/products/gnopernicus/gnopernicus.html

Regards,
Alexandra Telescu