gnome-panel

Good morning, We are developing an application that allows to manipulate
the main menu of GNOME desktop using some speech commands "GERvoice".

After making a study of the possible tools that allow the communication
between two applications (the GERvoice Application and the main Menu of
GNOME) we found to CORBA (Gnorba, Orbit and bonobo) like a possible
solution.  The idea is to construct a embebed application in the panel
GNOME, who allows to send signals to the main menu and thus to be able to
manipulate it.

Speaking with rodrigo Moya it raises to us:  "that I know, not even with
CORBA it is possible to be manipulated.  The best form, I create, is
through ATK, the support of accessibility.  In any case, I recommend to
you that you try to establish contact with the accessibility people, that
better advice will give you than I."

It's for this reason that I transmit the questions to you;  these
questions are:
How to capture or to send signals to the main menu of GNOME.

Exist some API dedicated to the programming of panel GNOME,  in such a way
that it can send signals and interact with the same one?

Thanks for the attention

|Oscar Julian Coca Bedoya                        |
|E-mail:juliancoca athenea umanizales edu co     |
|GNU/Linux User  #348168                         |