Re: Using Gok, IDEA

Jason,

To understand your idea/question, I need to know more details. Are you talking about the function keys F1 through F12? The GOK compose keyboard usually defaults (at least in english locales) to redisplaying the keyboard described by the x driver -- in other words it should already contain the function keys, if your hardware keyboard (and x driver) has them. (here is an older screenshot: http://www.gok.ca/pics/2002_05_10_152021_shot.jpg)

If you are talking about grouping the function keys into three groups and having a gok key for each one, that is something to consider for some users but not a high priority IMHO.

I've probably misunderstood. Let me know.

cheers,

David

Jason Brower wrote:

Could there be a wwy to use the top three f button sets as shortcut in
gok to help imporve the typing speed in gnome?