Problem with evolution addressbook.

Hi list,
I have been setting up evolution, but am having a problem with the address
book feature. After I created the addressbook I have found I can not get in
to it to send emails.
I can tell I need to click on to in the new message to open the addressbook,
but I can not get gnopernicus to get to the to button unless I move the
mouse to it and left click. I can't get gnopernicus to even speak to unless
the mouse is pointing right at it.
I am using a stock Gnome 2.8.3 desktop shipping with Mandriva LE 2005.
Any suggestions short of upgrading to Gnome 2.10 and hoping for the best?

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.