Re: missing librarys,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:16:20AM EST, nidhal1988 wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am a new linux / gnopernicus user. I have tried to install gnopernicus on my mendrake official  10.1, but, when i do rpm -i gnopernicus-0.10.9-3mdk.i586.rpm,
> a message indicate that the folowing librarys are missing :
> * libgnome-mag.sos.2
> * libgnomespeech.so.7
> * libhowl.so.0

I believe Mandrake does have a command-line tool called urpmi, which is
supposed to grab all the necessary dependancies for you. I have never
used it before, so I suggest you read the documentation for urpmi to
learn how to install packages. There is a Mandrake/Mandriva user on this
list, who will probably be able to help you in more detail.

Luke