Soundsworks but Gnopernicus doesn't speak

Hello,
I've now got sound working by pure chance.  I started gnopernicus and
although I can hear a lot of sound vents gnopernicus hasn't started speaking
yet.

Any ideas why this could be happening? it did ask me if I wanted to enable
the accessibility features of gnome but I haven't had any other messages
good or bad which would explain it.

Any ideas?

Darragh