Re: Gnopernicus and FC2

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 11:04:23AM +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:

> I'm running Fedora core 2 with Gnome 2.6. I'm trying to install
> Gnopernicus 0.11:1.
> However, it would appear that I'll have to upgrade Gnome for that to be
> successful. Is it possible to run Gnome 2.10 using Fedora core 2? If so,
> what is the easiest way to upgrade Gnome?

Why not just upgrade to Fedora Core 4? It comes with Gnome 2.10.

Others will be able to provide more details, but it is my understanding
that one can upgrade a Fedora system in place without having to boot
from a CD. This kind of upgrade has been supported by distributions such
as Debian for a very long time, but in recent years Fedora has started
to catch up. http://fedora.redhat.com/ docs/updates/