FW: Installing speech into Ubuntu?

Tried this and got package not found error.  I had already installed
Gnopernicus so would this make a difference?

I don't think that.... Have you tried to install festival synthesis system?
Apt-get install festival
Apt-get install festvox

I am not tied to Ubuntu so is there any other distro that is easier to get
it up and running in?

If you know a little spanish language here We are creating differents distro
for each community and trying to provide them with accessibility support.

You can try:

http://www.educa.madrid.org/web/madrid_linux/archivos/obtener.html
An accessible dvd live GNU/Linux distro, all that you have to do it's

1. boot,
2. Write 'once' at the boot time.
3. Gnopernicus will begin to speak in a short period of time with all the
envirotment already setup.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Regards,