Re: What I must install to start developing in gnome accessibility?

Carlos said:

I thinked in update GNOME, Kernel, GCC, GDB and X.ORG?
Hi Carlos - I don't think you necessarily need a new kernel, or gcc or gdb. As far as I know, any kernel/gcc/gdb from the last 2 years or so should work.
It does help to have XOrg 6.8.0 or newer.

There is something else that I must update to work
with the accessibility project?

Is better to use the stable sources, or I must take
some packages from CVS?
For most things, stable sources are best. Perhaps for gok and gnopernicus, at-spi, gnome-mag, and gail, using recent tarball releases is better, but stable GNOME is probably best for other things.

Building from tarballs (ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources) is probably the best start, you won't need CVS until you start creating patches, etc.

regards

Bill

Thanks,

Carlos Eduardo.