(no subject)

Hello again Bill,

Please note, in my opinion, whether one has Braille enabled or not, nothing that can send information to the serial port should be able to totally wipe out my hardware synthesizer. I have no objections to the screen reader to look for a Braille device in theory since I use Braille myself on occasion, <smile> but I don't believe those of us who happen to use hardware synthesizers should have to worry that doing so will mean that we accidentally have them broken by another access technology software solution. I am contacting the makers of Dectalk USB today to let them know about this problem so that they can hopefully take steps to fix the problem, however I still think hooking a hardware synthesizer to the serial port should not allow Gnopernicus to make it not work properly because Gnopernicus looks for a Braille device. One accessibility system should not crash another. If it were up to me, I would like to use Braille and speech at the same time and not have to worry about one access method crashing the other.<smile>

Best Regards,

Beth