Re: Testing plan

Thanks Henrik:

I would like to remind members of this list to read the accessibility testing documents, including a sanity test suite, which are posted online at the Gnome Accessibility Project pages.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/testing/

and

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/sanity-testing/

Thanks and best regards,

Bill

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:

I'm setting up a structured testing matrix for basic desktop tasks across a few Generic User Descriptions (GUDs). Note: most of the ideas and categories for this are borrowed from the Gnome Sanity Test Suite: http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/sanity-testing/index.html I've set up a sample test scheme here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Testing with the Gnome GUDs (+1) and some sample tests. I've given each GUD a simple alpha numeric code that makes it easier to refer to and list in tables. These codes might also be used as Live CD boot codes.

I'd like to make the general testing fairly self-explanatory so volunteers can easily jump in and contribute. The specific assistive technology tests/reviews will be more detailed (like the GOK one). We will set up a 'How can I help?' page once there is a bit more useful content in our wiki, and so the testing section is one place where we can point people.

I've listed 10 test names in the table, though the details of each still needs to be written. Feel free to add test cases, though I feel that we should keep the number moderate, so that the test have a chance of getting done. The Gnome page has 38 distinct tests ATM, which may be a bit too many for us at this stage.

In addition to symbols representing whether or not the test passes, I've also added a code to specify that a certain assistive application is required to complete the task for a given user group (Dasher, GOK, Gnopernicus). This assumes that these applications can be started by a given user group and that they work as expected.

I'm copying the gnome accessibility list because I think it would be good if we coordinate our testing a bit, and also to ask for input from your past experiences (sorry for the added traffic).

This is a work in progress, so feedback is welcome :) Once we agree on the general structure and have tests defined, I'll post on the Ubuntu user lists and forum to ask for testers.

Cheers,

  Henrik