gnopernicus and free tts

hi list,
How can I get gnopernicus to workwith free tts without going threw the hastle of installing all this junk for festival? I just need to get it to talk, also, When ever I bring up the run application box, I type in gnopernicus, but I hear no speech, and I see no windows pop up. I see nothing down in my task bar. I run Linux xp. I know it has gnopernicus cause I have seen it on here and brought it up. thanks

cody