RE: Java Access Bridge

Hello,
> I don't seem to have Java Access Bridge installed with my
> Fedora FC4 and that's probably why Gnopernicus doesn't work
> satisfactorily. When I try to install it, I get the following
> message: "Java 1.4 or later is required to build
> java-access-bridge?. As far as I can figure out, I do have Java
> 1.4.2 installed.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
The version of java that ships with fedora is a non-sun JDK and does not
seem to work with the bridge.  You should download the latest JDK from sun
and install it.  After installing it you should add the bin directory of the
sun JDK to your path as well as set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to
point to the Sun installed location.  At this point you should be able to
follow the instructions in the bridge and get up and running with java apps.

Hope this helps
Mike