Debian specific accessibility issues

Hi.

At this time, I'm using Debian's Gnome 2.8 from unstable.  The exception
is Gnopernicus and gnome-speech.

I'm noticing some problems and I would like to talk with other Debian
users to compare notes.

Probably the most important question is: are other Debian users running
Debian's Gnome, or are you running a Gnome built from source?

If you are using Debian's Gnome packages, are you seeing any of the
following?

Srcore will crash when I start a gnome-terminal.
I can restart srcore and things will work ok, but the first time I
start gnome-terminal srcore will always crash.  My Gnopernicus is
0.10.7.  My gnome-terminal is 2.8.2-2.  Is anyone else having this
problem?

The clock applet is constantly being updated.  This makes it unusable
with speech.  I filed bug 295291 about this, but haven't received any
response from any Deban developer.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I have other problems with Gnome, but (based on helping users of other
distros get Gnome up and running) I believe these two are specific
to Debian.

Thanks in advance for any help or info.
          Kenny