Re: Error opening brlapi connection

Hi.

I should probably finish reading this thread, but I thought I should go
ahead and post a more complete description of how I have
Gnopernicus 0.10.5 working with Brltty 3.6.1.

I configured Brltty 3.6.1 with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--infodir=/usr/share --mandir=/usr/share/man --libexecdir=/usr/lib

After building and installing Brltty, I configured Gnopernicus 0.10.5
with the following options

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--infodir=/usr/share --mandir=/usr/share/man --libexecdir=/usr/lib

I replaced the ttybrl.c file in the braille/libbrl directory of
Gnopernicus with the one I submitted to the Brltty developers.  The
ttybrl.c file in the 3.6.1 tarball or the svn of Brltty doesn't compile
on my system.
Next, I built and installed Gnopernicus and followed other instructions
on creating the brlapi.key file and setting the CONTROLVT environment
variable.

I'm sure the problem with Brltty's ttybrl.c file will be fixed soon, but
you can get my copy from

http://hittsjunk.net/ttybrl.c

I don't have a link on the main page, so you will need to use the
complete URL.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny