Re: More issues with magnifier..

Hi, Christopher:

I've noticed that no one has responded to your post, so I'm going to
offer some thoughts. I don't know the proper resolution to your
issue--which is why I haven't responded previously, but I do have a
suggestion.

I have nothing to suggest regarding your mouse. If you're able to log
out with the lockups you're reporting, may I suggest opening a console
and checking for process ids before logging back in? I would be willing
to bet that there some pids that haven't been closed. I ran into exactly
this behavior about a year ago which I did report here, though no one
ever responded to my post on the subject.

Here's my suggested sequence:

log out
Open a console, if you don't already have one.

Do an:

ps aux

Look for Gnopernicus and bonobo related pids. When this happened to me
it was quite obvious that there were listed processes that could be
troublesome, such as a speech driver.

Close them by hand with:

kill -9 [process.id]

Switch back to your graphical console and login to gnome

hth.

				Janina