From: "Tom and Esther Ward" <tward1978 earthlink net>
To: <mozilla-accessibility mozilla org>
Cc: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>; <Peter Korn sun com>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: Mozilla content keyboard navigation proposal

Hello, list.
I have just finished reading the keyboard
proposal for Mozilla, and over all

the current proposal looks very good from an accessibility stand point.
However, there are two items I would like to add to the keyboard

proposal as I think both items are necessary to the needs of speading up
navigation.

1. Keyboard command for jumping to the next header on the web page. Both the
major access screen readers Window Eyes and Jaws For Windows have a similar
functionality with Internet Explorer.

When the keyboard navigation command, (h,) is pressed focus on the web page
is then moved to that header.

I think while in carot browsing mode Mozilla could also use h or some other
command to perform a similar functionality.

I personally have use for this command on web sites such as
safari.oreilly.com where the h command is used to skip all the content on
the top of the page and jump immediately to the title of the programming
book I am reading online.

2. Skip to next table and prier table navigation keyboard command. Window
Eyes and I believe Jaws also have this feature.

I've often used this feature in Window Eyes to jump through the existing
tables on the page to find the exact table I am looking for. At which the
other table commands suggested in the

proposal would be acted upon.