Gnopernicus doesn't speak

When I start Gnopernicus, I receive the following messages:

  GTK Accessibility Module initialized
  Bonobo accessibility support initialized

  **********************
  * SCREEN READER CORE *
  **********************

  Bonobo accessibility support initialized
  GTK Accessibility Module initialized

  (srcore:7870): gnopernicus-WARNING **: Callbacks are NOT supported by "V0 Kevin- Festival GNOME Speech Driver" voice.
  gnopernicus-Message: speech initialization succeded

  gnopernicus-ERROR **: Cannot register a listener for event "focus:".
  aborting...

  (gnopernicus:7865): gnopernicus-WARNING **: srcore exited.

and Gnopernicus doesn't speak nor displays anything on brlmonitor.

If I run Gnopernicus from another account on the same computer and with
the same window manager, it speaks.  Also, it used to speak well some
time ago on all accounts.  I tried to copy the
~/.gconf/apps/gnopernicus/ directory from the working account to the
non-working account, but it didn't help, the error above is the same.

I use current Debian/testing, with GNOME 2.6, Gnopernicus 0.8.4 and
Sawfish.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
If we are going to start removing packages because of the quality of the
software, wonderful.  I move to remove all traces of the travesty of editors,