gnopernicus and braille displays

Hi listers,

I am new in this list and I am interested in using linux with an grafical desktop. I am from germany and my english is possibly not so perfect.

I running suse linux 9.1 with the gnopernicus 0.7.1 (part of the distribution).

With speech output gnopernicus works. Configuring the brltty for using with gnopernicus has no success. What I have done is:

gconftool-2 --type bool -- set /apps/gnopernicus/br_active ture
gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/... BRLTTy

Braille support is activated in gnopernicus. When gnopernicus starts up a message brailledisplay can not be initialized appears.

If I check the settings with gconftool-2 --set ...
true and BRLTTy for the two commands above is the respons.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Winfried