Balsa crashing during smtp.

Hi, list.
For the past couple of days I have been using balsa, but there is one major problem which I would like to solve. I have also sent a similar question to the balsa list in hopes in finding someone who can thissolve issue. I am using balsa 2.0.14, and for the most part everything appears to be setup and working correctly. However, as soon as I do ctrl+shift_s to send emails the mail goes out just fine, and then balsa crashes freezing up everything on that terminal. Then, I have no choice but to switch to a new virtual terminal and kill balsa or in some cases kill the entire x session and restart x. Is there anyone having this same problem? Has anyone ever solved it if they did? Any suggestions?
thanks.