building and installing freetts for Gnopernicus

Hi there list,

I need a little more step by step help building Freetts I am not sure here
what I am doing and it looks to be that the installation guide and the
build.xml are kind of shy on building documentation.   I see how to build
it but it is not panning out here.  I have the sources installed right now
but I also have the testing tools as well but haven't unzipped them yet.
Any help would be appreciated as I am a bit confused.