Fw: Voices and Speech Synthesis Engine for Gnome

Here's what the folks from Cepstral say about their linux version.

-- Rich

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Lenzo" <lenzo cepstral com>
To: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc mit edu>
Cc: <support cepstral com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: Voices and Speech Synthesis Engine for Gnome

Mr. Caloggero,

We have just switched over to our 3.0 release, and the Linux version
is lagging slightly on release.  They will be the same price as the
Windows ones that are available.  The switchover happened just
yesterday!

I hope we can have the Linux versions up next week.  There are
changes to the API, and the engine is now called Swift, but
we have a theta compatibility library which should fit under
the current Gnome development.  We will be corresponding with
Marc Mulcahy and making sure that we have everything working.

I apologize for the change; we are trying to make sure that the
new installation is an easy transition for existing code like
gnopernicus.

Best regards,

Kevin
Lenzo cepstral com