Re: Switching languages in Gnopernicus, is it possible?

Krister asked:
Hi, i use Festival right now for my software synth in Gnome 2.6. Would it at all be possible to switch languages using Festival and the Mbrola voices, one of them is a swedish voice that i sould like to use. How would this be accomplished if it's possible at all?
Thanks for any help on this matter.

Actually Peter and Krister, I think this is quite possible, if I understand the question correctly. If you can get Festival to use the Mbrola voices via the Festival Mbrola backend, then the rest is straightforward. You may find some information at the following URI: http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/mbrola.html

There's a message about Festival plus Swedish MBROLA here:
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/mailing_lists/festival-talk/msg01409.html

so this does seem to be possible.
Once you have a working festival swedish voice, you would need to:
(1) change your default oice in gnopernicus' GUI to the swedish voice;
(2) change your desktop language to swedish on login.
I think the simplest way to change your desktop language without using the graphical login may be to set LANG=sv in your startup environment, for instance ~/.bashrc.

Hope that helps,

Bill