Re: the name of the gnome-speech package in Debian What is the name of the gnome-speech-1.0 package in Debian. Is this under stable or which part of the distro? Thanks for the help.

Hi Scott,

It is called libgnome-speech2 (and libgnome-speech2-dev) is the
development package.

For future reference, the site http://packages.debian.org/ is useful to
know about. From that page (and it looks like it should be very
accessible), you can search to find which package contains a particular
file or which package contains an external tarball. In this particular
case, I used the "Search package directories" link, entered gnome-speech
and set the distribution dropdown to "any" and it gave me the results
(it is available in testing and unstable).

Cheers,
Malcolm