Re: at-poke is user sensitive

Hi George,

When I run gnome-hello (:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome)
I see it listed by at-poke; however, if I "xhost +", su to a different
user in an xterm, and run gnome-hello, then I don't see it listed by
at-poke.

Why does at-poke (or GAP) care which user is running the application?

Why should you have permission to see things that another user is running? That would be a security violation.

You tried this on a single-user desktop system. But what about a thin client situation (e.g. SunRay) where you have multiple users running on the same system?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team