From: "Norman B. Robinson" <norman_b_robinson yahoo com>
To: <mozilla-accessibility mozilla org>
Cc: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: Updated Mozilla Keyboard Navigation spec.

Peter,

    Thanks again to you and your team!

    I'm trying to consider your decision for "core" navigation in
relation to your original goals, and trying to imagine how it might
fail. Although I'm still trying to dedicate the time to really provide
you with some ideas, one thing that does stand out is the pruning of
some commands to make a "core".
    I recommend you go ahead and make the additional "non-core" items
part of your proposal. I encourage you to think of "configurability" as
to be used by the end-user, to work around end-user input problems
specific to whatever assistive technology they might use. Your proposal
is the glue, the API, the well defined interface, and will *lead* where
many others will follow. I guess I'm trying to suggest you don't prune
anything, but let those commands change if needed. Try rather than try
not, if you will.

    If the issues are really one of abstraction and a core navigation
enables you to release a product on time, then I understand the need to
release version 1 and later address more commands. If there is a lack of
consensus, outline it (easier said than done, I know) and we will all do
what we can to assist you.

    Regards,

    Norman Robinson