Re: new fc3 install gnopernicus error

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 05:56:46AM EST, draikes oasis draikes com wrote:
> Helo,
> I just finished installing fedora core 3 as a fresh installation on my
> compaq deskpro/en.
>
> I created a new user and ran a script to set the gconf keys for accessibility.
>
> When I started gnome using startx, I got the following log messages:

<Snip>

> gnopernicus: error while loading shared libraries: libsrutil.so.4:

For a start, you don't have the library mentioned in the quoted message
above, libsrutil.so.4 on your system. According to my installation,
which is not Fedora, this file should come with gnopernicus, and as far
as I am aware, this shouldn't prevent X from loading.

Somebody more familiar with Fedora may be able to tell you what packages
you need to have installed to allow that library to be found.

Hope this helps.

Luke