From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU>
To: "Alex Snow" <alex_snow gmx net>; "Luke Yelavich" <themuso themuso com>
Cc: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Mozilla 1.7 rc1 issues.

I have to say that I really like the virtual views that Jaws and Window-eyes
have for presenting web pages. I've not tried Mozilla yet, so can't speak to
how it compares to the Windows web interfaces at the moment, but features I
think are important are:

* be able to move through the page with arrows as in a word processor
buffer. headings and their level should be announced when moving through the
page, as well as links and form fields.

* be able to tab and shift+tab to move forward/backward by link

* h and shift+h to move forward/backward by headings. Should announce
heading and level when moving to a heading either with the heading movement
commands, or when using the arrows to move through the page

Can't speak explicitly to Window-eyes, but with jaws, the virtual view of
the page has links on their own virtual line. paragraphs have a blank line
inserted after them.

Implementing this much would be a great start. See other posts here about
creating lists of links etc. In fact, jaws can create lists of links,
frames, headings, toolbar buttons, and form controls I believe. The lists
are presented in a dialog box, and you can select an item and either move to
it on the current page, or move to it and "click" it, which for links and
form contols, will perform the required action.

Just my two cents...

-- Rich