Full screen magnifier: howto?

Hello,
I am new to this list.

I am an italian developer and I have a friend who has low vision abilities.
For that reason I developed in my spare time a magnified terminal (based on
rxvt code) to let him explore things in linux.

You can view it at   http://www.gupix.it/projects/magterm/

Obviously this project is not the solution. The solution is the fullscreen
magnifier for X. Searching in the web I found this:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-list/2004-February/msg00045.html

It will be wonderful if I could setup something like that. Expecially because
my friend is also a great programmer and he could give you some feedbacks and
maybe write some code for the community.

What I need to setup a fullscreen magnifier with gnopenicus? Can someone help me?
I have a debian Sid: the sid version of gnopernicus is able to do this?
Or I have to get the cvs version and compile it?
What kind of graphic card if necessary to make it work?

Thanks much for the support.

Enzo