Re: Responsive software synthesizer

Hi
	Well, there's FreeTTS. It is slow but responsive. What I mean by
this is that it takes a bit to start speaking. However, if you do
something that interrupts the speech, it is generally quick to stop
speaking. It can be found at:
http://freetts.sf.net/
	That's the only free and reasonably decent software synth working
with gnome-speech as far as I know. The other two aren't free, that being
Software Dectalk and Cepstral.
HTH

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, nick G wrote:

> Hi.  I have the gnopernicus program with the festival speech synthesizer.  It is not responsive at all.  I'd like to know of a free and snappy synthesizer I can use with Gnopernicus.  Viavoice is out of the question, as Fedora 1 includes glibc 2.3.2.
kk