[no subject]

b) From commandline, run

   export GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1

And then launch gnomepernicus or any other accessibility tool. This does
not affect system-wide sesstings, but only for this terminal session.

c) From commandline, run

  gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

This will set system-wide Gconf key to turn accessibility on.

And you can verify if accessibility is enabled or not, by running the
following on commandline:
gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility

> 2.  I will be using freetts for speach. do I need to set anything up in =
> gnopernicus before this will talk? Is there some server in freetts I =
> need to start?

Following link gives detailed instructions on how to use freetts for
speech:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/testing/gnopernicus.html

Thanks,
Narayana