Re: How Do I get Rid of These Errors

Hi Malcolm,

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 02:50, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> You cannot get rid of them. :-(

	You can try unreffing all the references you're leaking; and then
calling bonobo_ui_debug_shutdown() at termination.

> More accurately, you possibly can turn them off by building something
> like linc or ORBit with some debugging turned off, but I have no idea
> how to do that.

	Quite; if you explicitly configure/request a debugging build, you get
debugging warnings - period.

> Small rant: These warnings are basically dumb, because they are
> basically "TODO" items for the maintainers of ORBit2.

	That's not the case in fact; each reflects a leak; and/or a missing
debug_shutdown method.

>  However, no matter
> how carefully you write your GNOME program (it is a bonobo artefact) and
> how carefully you reference count, you will still get these. Colour me
> annoyed.

	Not so ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot