How "accessible" is the GNOME help documentation

A recent thread of Brian Cameron's on the gnome-accessibility-devel list
reminded me of something I have been meaning to ask:

How useful do people find the normal GNOME help documentation when used
via the various accessibility input and output methods? I know a lot of
effort over a couple of years has gone into trying to make Yelp
accessible, but I was wondering about the content itself.

A random sampling I took a while ago left me none the wiser. Most
documents are task-based and will mention the particular feature or menu
item name that needs activating. I found a couple of instances where it
just talked about "clicking foo" and I was wondering if it was always
clear whether that was a button and, if so, where the button was in the
interface, etc.

My slightly selfish reason for asking here is that I have offered to
give a talk about writing accessible applications to a conference next
January. Although the talk hasn't been accepted yet, I have been keeping
a list of things people (developers) do not normally think about and
this was one of the unresolved points I had on there.

Obviously if this triggers some kind of consensus that a particular
piece of commonly-used documentation is esepcially useless, then we can
arrange to have that fixed as well.

Cheers,
Malcolm