Re: Intro and gnopernicus question

Hi Willem,

> For an application to be accessible it must be a GNOME 2.x application.
>
> I am not sure what the accessible state of mozilla is. I know that it is
> being worked on but I do not know whether the version you have is
> accessible.
>
> I do not think that recompiling will help make applications accessible.

Ummm... I'm sure what Padraig meant to say is that for an application to be
accessible it must follow the rules of GNOME 2.x accessibility (like Java
apps and StarOffice with the Java Access Bridge for GNOME).

The mozilla accessibility work touches lots of mozilla, and in order to keep
the mozilla accessibility team working efficiently they have agreed with the
overall mozilla engineering effort to do only periodic putbacks of their
work.  They maintain a set of periodic builds on ftp.mozilla.org for your
testing pleasure.  See
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/unix/ and also specifically
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/accessibility/

Regards,