gnome / gnopernicus and java applications

Hi all,

I am trying to get some java applications to run under gnome with gnopernicus.

I have installed jdk 1.4.2, and compiled the java-access-bridge and installed it.

Now when I try to access applications such as openOffice applications or Oracle's jdeveloper, gnopernicus just stops talking and I can't get it restarted without shutting tdown gnome.

I do have an .orbitrc file with the following contents:
ORBIIOPUNIX=1
ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Is there something else I am missing?