Re: gnopernicus problem

At 09:21 AM 24/11/2003, Nath wrote:
For example when I switch to layer 0 with the numeric keypad and then
press the "." key in order to switch into the flat review mode
Gnopernicus is switching back on its own to focus tracking mode in the
same time I'm reading the contents of the screen using the up and down
arrow keys. so if I want to continue reading the contents of the screen
in flat revuew mode I must switch to flat review mode again and the
problem happens again ...

With the same version, I certainly have had this happen. I have also tried CVS, which has that problem solved, but other things in CVS, like highlighting in menu options not being tracked properly are giving other problems, as well as an unexplainable failure of the speech system to initialize after one session, but that is for another topic perhaps.

Have you an idea of what can cause this trouble ? I'm running
Gnopernicus 0.7.1 compiled from tarball downloaded from
ftp.gnome.org.

I originally thought it was something to do with the application I was using at the time, being GAIM. I thought the flashing cursor was attracting Gnopernicus' attention, but I now know I am not the only one getting that problem.

My machine is a laptop and I use an usb numeric keypad to
drive gnopernicus. I tried with an external keyboard and the problem is
the same. do you think it's a Gnopernicus problem or perhaps I haven't
configured my XF86Config file properly ?

Seems very much like a gnoperncisu problem, as I said earlier.

hth

Luke