Problems with keyboard shortcuts.

Hello, list.
I am having a rather serious problem in gnome 2.4.0 where none of the
supported keyboard shortcuts work. For example: alt-f1 for applications
menu, alt-f2 for run application, control-alt-d for desktop, etc...
I am currently running Mandrake 9.2 with gnome 2.4.0 and gnopernicus 0.7.
Has anyone ever seen this problem, and is there a known fix?
If not should I report this bug promptly to Mandrake Soft so that they can
get to the bottum of why the accessibility features of gnome seam to all be
turned off.
The strange part of this is that the problem seams to pick and choose which
keyboard shortcuts it will proform and which won't. For example f10 takes
you to the menubar as it is suppose to, but the alt-f won't bring up the
file menu. alt-f4 won't close an app but control-q in most apps will do it.