gnopernicus with festival problem

Hi listers
I'm trying to get gnopernicus and festival to coexist properly. I've downloaded and compiled the packages I need, and have
gnopernicus loading. I even get the welcome message through festival on startup. However, I get no further speech. I then
ran the test-speech program supplied with gnome-speech, selecting the festival server. It started talking fine, speaking
the little menus and such. The parameter test worked fine. However, when I ran the callback test, I got the "this is test
text" message through festival. However, I also got this error (at least I think its an error):
Exception Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/NO_IMPLEMENT:1.0'
Sure looks like an error to me. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what it means.
This is slackware linux 9.0. Sound driver is ALSA. Festival works fine except with gnome-speech.
Anyone know what this error is and how I can fix it? Do I need to update something?