Re: Now Getting Braille Output From Gnopernicus

John:

I am wondering if you have turned on the "accessibility" support gconf
key or not.  You may have missed that step, it's been mentioned a few
times on the list.  I think we need to somehow concatenate all this
information together once again, a number of people have written short
HowTo documents but nothing quite brings all the information together
yet.

Before accessibility will work across the desktop, you need to check
this gconf key:

gconftool-2 --get /apps/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility

if it's "false", set it to true:

gconftool-2 --type bool --set
/apps/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

(all one line, my emailer is word-wrapping this command).

I hope that this will work for you.  If not, then we need to do some
more diagnostics on gnopernicus (you can kill gnopernicus and srcore,
and any gnome-speech drivers, from a console and then run gnopernicus
manually after GNOME has started, perhaps you will see some useful error
messages).

I am glad to be of help, thanks for your part in trailblazing!

- Bill