Re: Now Getting Braille Output From Gnopernicus

Chris,

My .xinitrc file is below the line of "-" in this message. If i run
gnopernicus instead of srcore my system becomes completely unresponsive
and i have to hit reset. If I run srcore -p2 alone, not inside the script,
nothing comes out on the braille display, but the screen has a message
saying that srcore could not connect to the display. When I use startx
with the present .xinitrc file, after a few seconds something flashes on
the braille display very quickly. I was able to distinguish the word "no'
before it was replaced with "Welcome to Gnopern".

Perhaps Bill or one of the others on the Gnopernicus team can figure out
how to get more output. one thing that would be nice would be support for
the alva320 (and alva340), not just the 380. That might result in more of
wthe welcome message appearing on my display.

John

---------------------
     #!/bin/sh
     GARNOME=$HOME/garnome
     PATH=$GARNOME/bin:$PATH
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GARNOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
     PYTHONPATH=$GARNOME/lib/python2.2/site-packages
     PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GARNOME/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
     GDK_USE_XFT=1
     export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
     srcore -p2
     exec $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.