RE: gok - could not locate registry

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 17:25, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Bill Haneman [mailto:bill haneman sun com]
> > Your GNOME 2 stack is messed up somehow.  Where did you get
> > your stack,
> > is it from jhbuild or what?
>
> Yes, mostly. But I have some nasty connection problems, so I don't guess
> I'll be able to try out any more of the accessibility stuff. Hopefully
> others will.

In that case, here are a couple of diagnostic things to try.

* ps -elf | grep at-spi-registryd to see if the at-spi-registry daemon
is running.

* if not, probably something is amiss with bonobo-activation, check to
see that the Accessibility_Registry.server file is OK in your
bonobo-activation servers directory.

* either way, you can try killing at-spi-registryd (maybe turn off the
accessibility gconf key and log back in first) and running
$prefix/libexec/at-spi-registryd from the command line before starting
GOK.  That may tell you if something weird is happenning, registry is
segfaulting, etc.

I am sorry about the GOK problem for you, it'd be nice indeed if you
could get it cranked up.  I suppose the at-spi-registryd error should
probably be non-fatal since GOK does offer limited (but useful)
functionality even if the accessibility stack isn't working, as a simple
key-event-injector; used that way it even works with GNOME-1.4, old
Mozilla, and KDE apps.

- Bill