Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

i must confess I'm having a pretty hard time coming to terms with being
characterized as "just a marketing bullet point." Ouch.

But, let me return to the central question: What are the criteria for
inclusion?

How about the license? Is a proprietary license acceptable? In other
words, is open source also "just a marketing bullet point?"

I would submit that policy and underlying philosophy are not tangential.
They speak directly to the core value of the technology.

Of course, this argument isn't new, either. We've seen the same opinions
in every rights struggle. Ultimately, I must confess that we will be
judged more by our actions than by our words.

If there are consequences to submitting proprietary technology for
inclusion--it won't be taken because it's proprietary--nobody will even
consider submitting such a perversity.

If there are no consequences--doesn't matter that you haven't even
considered how you get to accessible because something is better than
nothing--then how can we trust, we for whom this is a basic issue
determining whether or not we participate.

Please recognize that in the particular application in question,
Epiphany, there's a double insult. Indeed, it seems that Epiphany needs
to experience an epiphany. At the very least you should change that
insulting name.