Re: The a11y bug list

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:21:33AM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 08:55, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
[...]
> > Also, is this list hand-written? Surely that's a lot of work? And surely it
> > can't be kept up-to-date when people are fixing bugs and filing bugs every
> > day. Have you considered using a report like this:
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/gnome-22-report.html
>
> Unfortunately we can't use an automated query to maintain this list
> (yet).  That's because:
>
> * we often disagree with module maintainers about the priority of bugs,
> this list is from an accessibility perspective;
>
> * bugzilla doesn't yet allow creating of arbitrary keywords that we
> could use to tag bugs according to "accessibility priority".

Does the status whiteboard field help you here? You could classify the
accessibility bugs using A01, A02, ..., A10 (just to make up a crazy
scheme) and then query using regular expressions on that field. (And if
you think that's an abuse of the field, you haven't spent enough time
poking around Mozilla's bugzilla.) You still have to triage by hand, but
that is probably unavoidable anyway.

Cheers,
Malcolm