Re: gnopernicus and powerbraille

Hi
Yes, there is a way to work. The powerbraille 40 is a brltty-supported device, and thus, you can use gnopernicus's brlapi driver. This involves:
1. Getting and installing the latest development branch of brltty see
http://dave.mielke.cc/brltty/
for how to do this. When compiling, make sure you compile it with the --enable-api option. 2. Recompile gnopernicus after brltty is installed. It will detect and compile the brlapi driver.
3. Creating a brlapi key, like this:
echo SOMETHING >/etc/brltty/brlapi-key
"SOMETHING" can be any string of letters and numbers.
4. Enabling braille in gnopernicus. To do this, go to general settings and check the braille check box. 5. Setting the braille device in gnopernicus to brltty's brlapi. After doing so, you must set the X console number. This is almost always 7. To set the device go to input/output settings, braille settings, braille device, and set the settings. Mek sure brltty is running when you set the device, or it will fail to initialize.

Hope this helps